Friday, June 4, 2010

The cut of your shorts and the length of its inseam...

I finally got around to unpacking some of my stuff after moving home half a month ago (for the summer after the end of the spring semester). I have an entire pile of folded running splits on the shelf in the corner that I've yet to touch. If I had been home, I wouldn't have touched them in months...probably since that "fateful day" that the bone "gave" and I limped back to my car.

Anyway, even on my easy runs, I've been wearing a longer pair of running shorts--black, red accents, 7 in inseam. I don't feel right wearing "real running shorts" unless I'm training at the volume and with the intensity that would characterize me--in my view even if not others perhaps--as a "real runner." I guess I'm still just f---ing around trying to get back at this point. Maybe there's something more profound that I'm missing in this, or that I simply don't have the time to investigate as I'm about to slip out the door presently.

Maybe I'll come back to it later if I feel the need, desire, or urge...

No comments:

Post a Comment